[Ubuntu-US] Ubuntu-us Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at kubuntu.org
Sun Nov 4 02:51:11 GMT 2007

On Saturday 03 November 2007, Christer Edwards wrote:
| On Nov 2, 2007 6:00 AM,  <ubuntu-us-request at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
| > There is one issue that has been asked to be addressed at the next
| > meeting, that is adding moderators to the mailing list.
| >
| > Other than that, I don't know of any items that need to be covered.
| >
| > Do you have anything in mind our Fearless Leader?
|
| I don't have anything in particular that I want to go over, just
| curious.  I'm wondering about the need for moderators on the list, but
| I guess since I'm no longer a moderator there I don't see how much
| traffic needs to be moderated.  I think its a good idea.

Let me just note to those who may think they are interested. List moderation
will become annoying as all heck very quick. But then again, i moderate/admin
quite a few lists so that could be why. If you are up for some very easy work
and don't get annoyed easy, then this is for you.

Here is my foolproof plan to prevent the annoyance though:

EVERY MODERATOR MODERATE!  That is my problem, it seems every list I become an
admin of or help moderate, the other people just quit helping out. If you get
2 or 3 people who check moderation then it will be good.

| I would like to plan a mini post-UDS open week for the latter part of
| this next week.  There was a lot discussed at UDS that I think US
| Teams would be interested in.  Would the evenings of the latter part
| of this next week work for people for a mini open week UDS training?

It would be nice to hear what all happened during UDS concerning LoCo teams. I
have talked to Jono and stuff recently, but haven't heard much back about the
LoCo future and what not. Nothing bad, just inquiries :)

One thing on the agenda can be "HOW TO WAKE UP US-TEAMS." It seems it has been
quiet of late. 6 months ago this was a rip-roaring thing, I would like to see
that environment back and I am willing to offer a hand there anyway possible.

--
Richard A. Johnson
nixternal at kubuntu.org
GPG Key: 0x2E2C0124