[ubuntu-us] State of Texas meetup?

Belinda A. Lopez dinda at mac.com
Tue Dec 11 14:22:37 GMT 2007

Great Brandon!
   I'm very willing to help in any way possible but have been
hesitant to take the lead b/c of time.  The Houston Team has been up
and running for a year now but just when we were ready to try to get
approved, they changed the rules to State-only  and not city teams.
The Team pretty much decided to just remain as is b/c the local team
met their needs better than any Texas Team could.  However, for
accounting/logistical purposes  I see why Jono and Canonical can only
support State-level teams.  I think we can move forward with the
umbrella Texas team and have several chapters already in place.  We
just need to get the organization setup for the state team.  Let's
set up an IRC meeting to discuss.  If you have your blog on Planet
Ubuntu or other, we can use that and the Fridge to help gather folks.

I think shooting for an Ubucon event next summer somewhere in the
state would be a great goal.  imho, I think Austin is a great venue,
it's central and we can probably get Dell to help sponsor and perhaps
even host the event.

How about an IRC meeting this Sunday, Dec. 16th at 8PM in #ubuntu-us-
tx??

cheers,

Belinda/Dinda