US LoCo Teams Introduction and Proposal

Kent Seaton spr0k3t at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 18:11:50 BST 2007

Yeah, I would throw down for a hundred if it would throw the unit totals
over 1000.  So the next question on my mind, what kind of unit totals can we
come up with?

If we can get over 1000 units of only one type, I'll foot in for 100 of that
type (preferably Ubuntu).  However, if there is enough demand for Kubuntu as
well, I'll foot in for 50 of each.  Does anyone have a contact inside Dell
that we might be able to have them buy in on something like this?  I'm sure
their marketing department would pick up 10K units of the Ubuntu if the
price was good.  Another option would be to take an interest vote on the
forums to see if the price can be driven down even further.  I know Jenda's
case badges are quite a bit better than the ones from System76, but the
brushed metal would be top notch.