US LoCo Teams Ubuntu in the United States (Final tally for 7/31/07)

Jimmy Harris harris.jimmy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 05:47:31 BST 2007

We (US Teams) are that much closer today in reaching our goal of having an
official Ubuntu LoCo team in each state by 2008.

The final tally (after a very loooooong day in ubuntu-us) of people
interested in creating a needed state LoCo team follows:

Alaska
Idaho
Louisiana
Minnesota
Mississippi
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Texas
Vermont
West Virgina
Wisconsin

For more detailed info check out the Needed Teams Startup List
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USTeams/TeamList

Whew! However, that is not the only interest that we received. We had
people asking about how to join a team and/or registering as members.
That alone is significant considering that we need those people on
existing and/or needed teams to get them approved.

This is just what happened today as a result of the motivation within the
US Teams and of course the biggie
http://digg.com/linux_unix/Ubuntu_In_The_United_States.

Recruiting for needed state LoCo teams is what this is all about! And if
you missed the meeting on July 28 check the Minutes/Summary
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/USTeams/IRC to see what other methods of
recruitment were discussed.

More to come...

pak33m

Big thanks to ianm for helping to comb the ubuntu-us logs.