SSH & Printer Setup in 12.04

Erik Meitner erik at wanderings.us
Sun May 20 02:19:41 UTC 2012

Without knowing more it is hard to give a definitive answer.
Can you ping the server from the portable?   Can the server ping the
portable? If the answer to both is "no" you should double check the
network settings on both machines.

One thing you could try is to port scan the server to see what ports are
open:
$ sudo  apt-get install nmap
$ sudo nmap -sS <ServerIP>