[ubuntu-us-mn] ubuntu-us-mn Digest, Vol 45, Issue 1

Anthony Hook anthony.hook3 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:49:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Kenneth Lynes <kenlynes at usa.net> wrote:

>  I am just wondering if it is possible to change the 11.04 OS to remove
> unity and restore to what was used in 10.04 for the desktop/workbench
> (whatever it is called)? I am not too familiar with Ubuntu yet and had the
> other gui in use and got a bit used to using it and the new setup is a bit
> hard to get used to now.
> Ken

Ken,

You can when you see the login screen (GDM).  Select your name and then
change the session to "Ubuntu Classic."  This will get you the Gnome 2
interface, instead of Unity.

I hope this helps, and I'll take the liberty of crossposting over to Ubuntu
Wisconsin if anyone else has a question on this.

--
- Anthony Hook