happy ubuntu release day

Gabriel Wollenburg urmom111 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:18:18 UTC 2011

Havign lived with Unity for however many days, I don't recommend
moving not techy people to 11.04. The dock is weird and doesn't act
like you' expect it to, and the menu bar at the top is strange and
annoying. The scrollbars are inconsistent, and the last thing you want
for a non-savvy audience is inconsistent GUI.

I end up fighting the snapping on the windows, too.

In all, it's going to be great by 12.04, but right now, it's pretty
rough around the edges.

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Dan Retzlaff <glug101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I run only LTS on my main boxes.  I have a few people that I have
> installed Ubuntu for that rely on me for tech support and don't want
> to have a new OS update installed every 6 months, so LTS seems a
> natural choice.  However, I'll be torrenting a disc later today and
> installing it on a VM to try it out.  Looks good from the pictures,
> but I really would like to watch my mom have a go at it before I
> recommend it to others when 12.04 comes out.
>
> I don't comment often here, so I thought I'd use this opportunity to
> thank the Ubuntu Wisconsin Loco people for getting involved.  In
> college, few people knew anything about Linux, so at that time I was
> basically alone with the man pages.  Now it's great to have a polished
> Linux distro like Ubuntu, and a capable community connected to it.
>
> Cheers!
>
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:22 AM, Shaun Jones <mister.s.jones at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Everyone
>> Ubuntu 11.04 is released today I hope you all will be enjoying downloading
>> and installing or upgrading whatever is your poison!
>>
>> --
>> Mister Jones
>>

>> --

> Dan Retzlaff