Firefox Freeze Up

Douglas Whitfield whitfield at opensourceplayground.org
Fri Jun 3 20:13:46 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 14:23, simon simple <antikoa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can not surf really when it enters this "mode" but if I leave it alone
> for a period of time it will go to a entered url, go back via the back
> button and close but only after some time has passed.  Again, it seems as if
> the app is doing something else or leaking memory to the point that it is
> coming to a stand still.  However, everything you say sounds like the "big
> boy" version of my problem as I could see a leaking app slowly bring the
> whole OS to a stand still

Just for clarity, are you on Firefox 3.6 and 10.04? One of the bugs you
linked to was an 11.04 bug.

I've had several problems with blocked sites slowing things down.  If I
block "facebook" on the router for instance (which I'd prefer to do), just
about everything that uses Facebook Connect grinds basically to a halt.
 This is the case in Chrome, Chromium and Firefox.

If you aren't wedded to extensions, I'd highly recommend Chrome or Chromium.
 FootieFox and Tree Style Tabs are too much with which to part for me!