UBUNTU: New member

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 07:34:03 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM, C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP
<cjac at colliertech.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm happy to introduce our latest member, Basil Gunn.  We have been
> corresponding via email and I've heard his call a few times during the
> bi-weekly test of the emergency broadcast system.  Or at least I think
> that's what it is :)
>
> If I understand it correctly, he has a background working with the BSD
> variants.  He's recently started running Ubuntu and told me something about
> the amount of effort it takes to make other Unixes do what Ubuntu does out
> of the box.  I can't recall exactly what it was, though.
>
> I believe that he is the only other member of the group from San Juan
> County.  Corrections would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
>
> C.J.

Basil, it's good to see you! I hope we get to meet up at an event one
of these days -- do you come to LinuxFest NorthWest up in Bellingham?
I attended with my son last year for the first time, and tended our
table, shared with LinuxChix and Ubuntu-Women, and had a fabulous
time!

Valorie, down south of Seattle, near Black Diamond
--
http://linuxgrandma.blogspot.com
Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter, Identica, LinkedIn, Delicious: valoriez