UBUNTU: [SPAM] Re: Thanks Ahmed

Linda Halligan linda.halligan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 16:35:43 GMT 2009

Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Linda Halligan
> <linda.halligan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 16, 2009, at 8:10 PM, Paul Bartell wrote:

<snip>

> I love mail lists for medium-to-long range planning. Wikis, on the
> other hand, are a great way to present information, such as events,
> projects, and such.
>
> Nothing beats IRC for quickly focussing discussions, brainstorming,
> and coming up with short-range plans. Perhaps we could post the logs
> of IRC meetings on the blog? But make those pages non-editable.

I think we should post IRC meeting logs on the wiki and link to them
with a summary of the meeting from the blog, facebook page (still being
created), twitter (no summary :P ), our personal blogs, etc. That way
people who are looking for this info can find it on the meeting wiki
pages as is the standard with other groups.

> I don't know if the list archives are googled, but the wiki should be,
> which will make it easier for people to find us.

The archives are googleable however nothing comes up from them as of yet
when you google "ubuntu washington loco."  There are a few things from
those search terms that link back to the Wa LoCo resources but nothing
that points directly to our LoCo resources. That will presumably change
once we have more activity on the wiki pages and once we are approved
and can get a ubuntu-us.org subdomain for our website.

> Once we get approved as an official LoCo, we get a forum too, right?

We can get a forum right now. We just need Chuck to follow the procedure
to request it outlined here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCreatingForum

> Does that automatically feed to the list?

I'm not sure if we can set that up. That will probably be something
Chuck has to figure out or ask about since he will be the forum admin.

> Again, forums get spidered
> by Google, which makes it easy to find us.

Word. The more resources we can get out there with our name that point
back to information on the current actions we are taking the easier it
will be for people to find us and join it. :)