UBUNTU: Conduct

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Dec 17 20:58:44 GMT 2009

On Thursday 17 December 2009 11:29:42 am Chuck West wrote:
> > One ought to also take a look at http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
> > especially take a good look at the last paragraph.
>
> It's OK to be critical of me in public. It is far more effective to
> address me directly than it is to insinuate and hope the right person
> gets it.

Oh dear!  I was NOT being critical or I was not trying to be anyway, I was
only trying to help get things going in a constructive way in-line with the
Ubuntu way of doing things.  The information is for all of us here, I was not
pointing it out to be critical of any specific person or group.  I am very
sorry if it came across like that.  I was of the opinion we were in a
re-organizational stage here as it has been very quiet for a long time.  I
also am a twinkle in the eye type of person so please don't think of me as
someone who goes about picking on people.  ;)

> I never knew there was a Leadership Code Of Conduct. Like Ubuntu, you
> learn everything over time and not at once. We are all human and have
> busy lives I assume. My poor excuse is I started this project and then
> shortly there after was divorced. As you can imagine my priorities were
> re-arranged while I moved and rebuilt. There was really very little
> interest in the group for some time, Just a handful of people. The LoCo
> accumulated a mail-list and here we are today, having the first real
> group meetings online.

Perhaps others were also unaware.  Isn't it better to have a few good workable
guidelines to help us with direction?  As an old programmer, I was always
more happy when I DIDN'T have to re-invent a wheel!!  That is not to say I
couldn't improve a design if needed.  :)

> Please understand I don't always "get it" and it's a mistake to assume I
> am any better than anyone else. I'm learning too. Please by all means,
> if I fail to meet the Code Of Conduct, PLEASE POINT IT OUT! In private
> or public is ok. That goes for any organization and any member of that
> organization.

It takes all of us thinking we are no "better than anyone else" to make a
successful group.  And we are all learning, I think when one stops learning,
he is dead!  Hopefully, none of us are in THAT condition!  :)

> These issues should be addressed as soon as possible.

OK, which issues?

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403