UBUNTU: Thanks Ahmed

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Dec 17 16:32:05 GMT 2009

On Thursday 17 December 2009 12:09:11 am Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Linda Halligan
> > On Dec 16, 2009, at 8:10 PM, Paul Bartell wrote:
> >>
> >> Either way. I think if we use the mailing list and wiki well enough. A
> >> blog and forum would be great for people who don't want to be involved
> >> in planning for the team and just want news, maybe equivilant of an
> >> announce list.
> >
> > I agree with Paul on this one. Wiki/mailing list for planning and
> > other resources for announcements and to gain exposure for the group
> > to get more participants.
>
> I love mail lists for medium-to-long range planning. Wikis, on the
> other hand, are a great way to present information, such as events,
> projects, and such.

I agree Maillists are great for long range planning and also make a very good
discussion medium if used properly,  This was important enough to Ubuntu that
they published http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists/etiquette
in order to make THEIR maillists work best for everyone involved's benefit!

> Nothing beats IRC for quickly focussing discussions, brainstorming,
> and coming up with short-range plans. Perhaps we could post the logs
> of IRC meetings on the blog? But make those pages non-editable.
>
> I don't know if the list archives are googled, but the wiki should be,
> which will make it easier for people to find us.

Google ubuntu-us-wa and see what you get.  :)

> Once we get approved as an official LoCo, we get a forum too, right?

One ought to also take a look at http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
especially take a good look at the last paragraph.  Notice the CoC link is
published on the maillist subscribe page found here;
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-wa , directly following
the bold letters declaring, " Subscribing to ubuntu-us-wa "

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403