UBUNTU: Conduct

Chuck West chuck at olylug.org
Thu Dec 17 19:29:42 GMT 2009

> One ought to also take a look at http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
> especially take a good look at the last paragraph.

It's OK to be critical of me in public. It is far more effective to
address me directly than it is to insinuate and hope the right person
gets it.

I never knew there was a Leadership Code Of Conduct. Like Ubuntu, you
learn everything over time and not at once. We are all human and have
busy lives I assume. My poor excuse is I started this project and then
shortly there after was divorced. As you can imagine my priorities were
re-arranged while I moved and rebuilt. There was really very little
interest in the group for some time, Just a handful of people. The LoCo
accumulated a mail-list and here we are today, having the first real
group meetings online.

Please understand I don't always "get it" and it's a mistake to assume I
am any better than anyone else. I'm learning too. Please by all means,
if I fail to meet the Code Of Conduct, PLEASE POINT IT OUT! In private
or public is ok. That goes for any organization and any member of that
organization.

These issues should be addressed as soon as possible.