[ubuntu-us-ut] Meerkat Ditching 'aptitude'

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 04:31:25 BST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 12:07:16PM -0700, MilesTogoe wrote:
>    of course if they got rid of the mono lib crap they could fit aptitude and
>    build-essential and vim on the main install but why give the open source
>    community good open source tools when you can give them MS / Novell crap -
>    a real pet peeve re Ubuntu

Because mono isn't from Microsoft, and they've told us over and over
again that they have no interest in suing end users or developers over
the implementation. I know. That means nothing to conspiracy theorists.
They'll keep slinging FUD like monkeys slinging dookie.

Because of Mono, we have solid applications like gnome-do, banshee,
beagle, f-spot, tomboy and many others. Solid applications that make a
developers life easy and the end-users life enjoyable.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, mono brings apps to the desktop that
users care about. Aptitude doesn't.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o