[ubuntu-us-ut] Meeting Reminder / New Books From O'Reilly

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 6 23:42:26 GMT 2010

Team,

This is Yet Another Reminder regarding our meeting this upcoming
Saturday. Yes, that's right. One week from today at 6:00pm. Trevor
"Heartsbane" Sharpe will be presenting on Virtualization, and I'm sure
there will be something new for everyone.

Also, I'm happy to announce that I have re-established the team as an
O'Reilly recognized user group. This means I have four fresh new books
on my bookshelf to add to the team library! If you would like a chance
to check out one of these titles, be sure to show up to the meeting.

  * Ubuntu Kung-Fu
  * Linux in a Nutshell
  * Linux Pocket Guide
  * Linux System Administration

Initial basic rules for the newly re-established team library are:
  1) attend a meeting to check out a book title.
  2) return the book at the following meeting, ensuring everyone has a chance.
  3) write a short review of the book to post on your blog, or the team blog. *

* O'Reilly requests that we simply help publicize their titles by
writing short reviews and publishing them online. This is a small
price to pay for access to free technical titles!

I hope to see a big group of people this coming weekend!

--
Christer Edwards
.: http://ubuntu-tutorials.com :.