[ubuntu-us-ut] ubuntu-us-ut Digest, Vol 37, Issue 5

G. David Turnblom davidkingster at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:21:02 BST 2009

My answers:
1. On the basis that "home PC" means the first machine I actually
owned, and wasn't something I had purchased for me, it was a used
Commodore 128 D.  Before that my parents had a Commodore 64.  In both
cases, their Kernels were the OSs, so the model name also applies to
the OS name.

2. The C64 had 64k RAM, a 1 MHz 6510, and used a 1541 floppy drive,
while the C128 had 128k RAM, a 2 MHz 8502 (which usually operated at
1 MHz), and a built in 1571 floppy drive.

3. An Apple IIe, if I remember correctly, though it might have just
been an Apple II.  That was so long ago, I can barely remember.

4. Ubuntu 7.10 was the first Linux install I ever did on my own.

Only my mind would come up with something so utterly pointless as
this stupid phrase.