[ubuntu-us-ut] Oct Meeting Idea- Install fest

Aaron Toponce atoponce at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 15 17:57:13 BST 2008

Tristan Rhodes wrote:
> I like the idea of having more technical help at the party, but I think
> it should still be a release party.
>
> The last party was great fun, but too much party and not enough tech.
> Lets try to find a happy balance.  :)
>
> Release party + Install fest

Actually, I think we're going to turn this into a hack-fest, with
installation as the focal point of hacking- PXE, HTTP, FTP, NFS,
hdmedia, etc.  For those who don't have Ubuntu 8.10 installed, of
course, we'll be taking the time to get installed for you.  And, what
would be a hack-fest without food?  So, it will be semi-release party also.

The MEB building at the UofU might not be the best place for this type
of meeting, so I think we should look elsewhere for the October meeting.
 We will have our own network, Ubuntu mirror, web server, etc.  So,
something with tables, power and the ability to run cords and cable
everywhere would be optimal.  Open with lots of space to setup computers
should we need them.

Lastly, I'd like to advertise this pretty heavily.  Fliers posted
everywhere, hitting up mailing lists, etc.  Let's get the word out as
best we can.

--
 ,-O  Aaron Toponce
O   } http://www.ubuntu.com