Texas Linux Fest Booth Helpers

Robbie Williamson robbie.williamson at canonical.com
Tue Mar 30 15:09:08 BST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-30 at 08:12 -0500, Belinda Lopez wrote:
> Greetings all,
>   Just a few short weeks away from the inaugural Texas Linux Fest on
> April 10.  I added a sign-up table to those who are willing to help
> staff the TX Loco Team booth.  Canonical has graciously offered to let
> us setup a table in their booth area.  If anyone can quickly design a TX
> Loco Team banner, I can have it made using the halfpricebanners.com
> service.  I figure just the Ubuntu logo (new one) and the words Texas
> Loco Team would be enough.  But if someone wants to redo the TX team
> logo with the new Ubuntu icon, that would be great too.
>
> Brandon,
>   I see you are planning to do demos on your laptop.  I can lend the
> booth my netbook running UNE as well.  I'm sure I can help cover some
> booth times but am trying to see what the speaker schedule looks like.
> I'll also help with setup and cleanup.  Oh and I'll buy lunches for
> anyone volunteering to cover a shift at the booth.  See the wiki for
> more info:  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TexasTeam/ToolBox/Updates/2010-04-10
>
> Robbie,
>   what do we need to do to coordinate with the Canonical team?
Just show up :).  I'll bring all the CDs and Ubuntu giveaways...as well
as pop-up Ubuntu banner, if you all want to use it.

-Robbie

Robbie Williamson                                      robbie at canonical.com
Canonical, Ltd.                                   robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)