Texas Team formation

Brandon Tomlinson thebwt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 05:40:01 BST 2010

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Jacob Isreal <jisreal at jacobisreal.com> wrote:

> Yeah. I tried to ask some questions and was responded to with some sentiments that there was already a Texas team and it was well-organized.   I offered to be the lead or organizer and someone told me they were the lead.  Now I see this message.  Can someone get it together and either tell me what to do? Or, can someone join with me and be co-lead?
>
> Jacob

Actually that was me on the loco-contacts mailing list. You said you
would take the role of loco contact for Texas since there wasn't one
yet, I informed you that we have one and told you how to contact the
rest of Texas (which you've obviously done now). Feel free to start
organizing events by all means! If you want help with the wiki, ask
and I'll help out as well. We're well organized, our core problem is
that we don't organize anything; a subtle distinction. We would all
love to see Texas get 'official' but we would have to actually be
doing stuff, which we are not. So instead of saying "hey let's get
approved" we should be saying "hey let's do stuff!" .

Anyone have 'event' ideas? Sillie777 was doing a local austin meet-up
(i think 'life' stepped in to stop him though), you guys should do
some similar local meet-ups. We've tried organizing stuff in the past
but one problem we've had is that people don't know what they want to
get out of the loco. Personally I'd love to do bug/doc events but only
myself and Matthew "stlsaint" Byers have really shown interest. So in
the mean time I just use the loco as a friendly support group.