[UbuntuDallas] Roll Call

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Mon Nov 30 23:26:11 GMT 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM, JJNova <jjnova at gamecootie.com> wrote:
> Hello again members of Ubuntu Dallas' Mailing List,
>
> There has been some complaints about the current location of our
> meetings. I would like to point out that the current location is based
> on everyone attendings residence.
>
> So please, let us know what town/city/village you live in so that we may
> choose a more central location.
>
> Thanks,
> JJNova ( I LIVE IN McKINNEY, BTW)

Howdy,

Speaking generally, a look at
https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-dallas/+map, and assuming it is
representative of those that would attend (probably isn't, but it's
the closest thing we have), Plano seems to be the most "average"
central location.  Frisco is not exactly easy to get to for anyone
coming from the southeast, but anything along US75 isn't very good for
a select other group.  Sucks regardless.  At least it's on a weekend
and traffic (usually) isn't unbearable.

As for myself, I have a standing commitment from 3 until 8pm on
Sundays, so my preference would be to find a different time (even if
the location didn't change).  But if that time works best for everyone
else, I am certainly not going to request that it be moved.

   Marc

P.S.  I'm copying the Ubuntu-tx list...
... in case someone is signed up there and not on the Dallas list
... in case someone happens to be around from out of town and would
like to join us
... because there is not any good reason not too... it helps people
know what is going on around Texas.

For those that don't know, Dallas holds a monthly meeting... next one
is scheduled to be Dec 13th - but only if people speak up and let it
be known that they can attend in the middle of the holiday season!