Texas Ubuntu logo

Loye Young loye.young at iycc.net
Wed Feb 13 20:28:50 GMT 2008

Wow. I think the graphic looks great.

The "ubuntu-tx" part should be changed, IMHO. Granted, it's a judgment
call, but
here are my thoughts:
* Texas should be spelled out - simply "tx" at the end almost looks like the
   name of a text file. (Alternatively, leave tx off the end and put
   "Texas" in the center
    of the badge.)
* I personally prefer Texas in front, because . . . well . . . I'm a
   Texan and think Texas
   Texas should come first. The contrary argument is that the focus of
   the group is on Ubuntu, so it should be mentioned first. Reasonable
   minds can differ. But nobody particularly accuses Texans of being
   reasonable, so there you have it.
* The letters should be in color. If the letters are black, the badge
   comes across as simply a greyscale instead of a silver badge.
   Which color is of course arguable. I'm not a big fan of Ubuntu's
   browns, but of course the burnt orange of the Longhorns
   is always appropriate. In deference to our colleagues at that other
   school in College Station, maybe we can compromise with the red,
   white, and blue of the Texas flag. (Would it look too cheesy if the "ub"
   were in blue and "untu" in red and white, split horizontally? )

Happy Trails

Loye