Texas Ubuntu logo

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Wed Feb 13 19:54:47 GMT 2008

Well, I went with silver (ok, gray) because the ranger badges were most
commonly silver -- although as history shows, they have been other colors at
various times as well.  I personally have never been a fan of Ubuntu's
sand-and-soil color schemes, but if it's warmth you're after, I'd say it's
worth trying it in gold or bronze.

Or, actually, color warmth doesn't have to come from the logo object itself;
may other locos use national flag colors, and tie in to the Ubuntu
look-and-feel via page context.  Maybe just seeing it with a background that
adds some warmth could make up for that:
http://www.glyphography.com/ubuntu-us-tx-logo-v1.1-logotype.png

After all, there will usually -- if not always -- be context over which we
have to take design control as well -- Web site look and feel, etc.  So it's
more than just a logo we have to think about.

Nate

--
nathan.p.willis
nwillis at glyphography.com