Texas Ubuntu logo

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Wed Feb 13 15:44:18 GMT 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 5:39 PM, Loye Young <loye.young at iycc.net> wrote:

> I like Number 7 as a start.
>     Should the hats be a different color than the bodies?
>
> What about the circle of friends with a 5 point star in the middle?
>     Compare: http://www.texasranger.org/today/images/badge.gif

I actually like that idea the best.  I'm not knocking any others, mind you,
it's just that the "ranger" star (if that's what it's called) is (a) a
little less "obvious" or cliche, (b) fits and works well with the visual
element of the circle that we already have (and must retain), and (c) is a
much larger-to-the-eye customization than elements that alter the dots.

Here's my attempt at mocking it up:
http://glyphography.com/ubuntu-us-tx-logo-v1.0-logotype.png

Criticism and ridicule welcome
Nate