[UbuntuDallas] Texas Team

Daniel VanStone webmaster at catcodesigns.net
Tue Oct 5 00:34:09 BST 2010

Carlton

Ok first off I do not know why a leader of the Texas Team did not reply
to you I guess this makes a statement by itself given the levity of how
you responded to a previous post by myself.

Recently the topic to form a state team came again to the table and
several others who were following the Dallas Team conversation were
asked to continue discussing issues off this list per a request made by
a member of the Dallas Team. I could have changed the subject line of
the conversation but I left it alone and just forwarded it to the lists
at the Dallas Team and Texas Team.

So please do not take it that this list will not be available and if
that was the perception from the thread then I apologize for my error.

Topics to keep this team alive or actually show that we do more as a
team were discussed and no concrete resolutions were formed.

While others may contemplate the idea of having activity. I would like
to say that I have made several attemps to involve people from the
Dallas area by having events in a central part of the DFW.

I personally do work in a large area of North to cental Texas and find
ubuntu involvment sparce only when it comes to this list or this team.

Ubuntu users and supporters are widespread accross this state but many
simply don't frequent a mailing list. After all why would they? They got
it to work :) and are now on the sites that they used to go to or don't
desire the technical aspects of replying and responding to yet another
email that they are not concerned with; because following the directions
it works.

Let us look around at the Clubs that are near and be a part of what
is .. and then you will see how many others are already attending other
events learning other concepts and discovering the ways of rute.

We can only be a part of a community by being a part of a community!
Learning from others does not restrict us to the use of one list or one
email client or one chat client and in my eyes it is like telling
someone to put on blinders and to not explore the vast capabilies of
what they may learn from another.

So I emplore others from this list to visit the software teams in your
area. This is not to move anyone away from the ubuntu community but more
to help you see the involvment first hand. So you can tell your
experience to another and educate yourself in the process.

If you are in the North Texas area this weekend there will be a meetup
in a small town South West of the DFW area on the 9th of this month in
Cleburne Texas. We will have a meeting at the towns only Starbucks and
it is posted at http://www.meetup.com/Mashable/29323/?a=bn6_l1 .

You are  welcome to attend

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=227871975608&topic=18914

http://groups.google.com/group/ubuntu-us-tx