[Ubuntu PA] Fwd: [ubuntu-marketing] Team Update

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 6 09:54:01 GMT 2008

On 3/2/08, Brian Stempin <brian.stempin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any pending plans for a release party?
>
> If not, is it too soon for our LoCo team to start?

This was discussed a bit at our meeting last night.

Since this is an LTS release, and the Ubuntu Marketing team is really
pushing the LoCo team involvement, our thought is that rather than do
a social release get-together we had for Gutsy, we'll want to push a
more outreachy release party.

Alex suggested malls and college campuses as possible locations to
have it. Kevin suggested that we work to get other related groups in
the areas involved (even if it's just inviting them) - he and others
suggested include:

- LUGs
- Make (Philly)
- TheHacktory
- Cross-platform programming groups such as: Ruby, PHP, Java

Other thoughts on locations and cross-community involvement?

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com