[Ubuntu PA] questions about OSS usage at NTR

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 19 22:08:34 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:33 PM, John C Wilson <dadgadjohn at gmail.com> wrote:
> OOO does not save in MS format by default, and most casual users cannot
> be bothered with looking through the menu to choose the format they may
> need.

When we configure Ubuntu systems for desktop clients we configure this
all for them. The assumption is that people working in business (like
a Cargo Logistics company we service) will only be dealing with Office
documents so setting it up to just use them by default makes OOo more
useful.

Lyz

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua