[Ubuntu PA] NTR Imaging party!!!

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 21:24:47 GMT 2008

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you that showed up last weekend!!!

I believe there were about 11 of us.  We were able to test the custom
Xubuntu image on 15 machines.  9 of them worked great.  The other 6 had
various hardware issues and simply wouldn't boot regardless of the OS.
The only Xubu related issue we found was on one machine, it required
"nodma" at the boot prompt.  This was a huge success for our LoCo team.

The next step is full deployment.  NTR hasn't discussed with me how they
plan to do this yet.  Things tend to move slow there so I'm not about to
rush them.  My intend is to show up at noon every 3rd Saturday of the
month and help with any dual boot tasks related to this project.  Since
that's the day of the Bring a Computer Workshop, I'll also stop in on
that for an hour or two.  For people that come to the Workshop with
desktop PCs, it will be a good time to set them up with an extra drive ;)

Best regards,
Kevin Valentine