[Ubuntu PA] Action Items

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:10:13 BST 2007

We need to prepare for the install-fest this week.

I've emailed Stan requesting good times for us to stop by.  We can do
this individually or in groups.  Some of the things we need to setup in
the downstairs classroom:
   1) Daisy chain of network switches to cover all tables
   2) Three wireless access points (plain, WEP, WPA-PSK)
   3) Overhead projector to continuously play a Linux video on the wall
   4) Add a mirror server to reduce network traffic on NTR's network
connection (sounds like Alex had this finished)
   5) Ensure we have enough monitors, keyboards, mice (no doubt)

For those of you that haven't seen the classroom yet, there are 11
tables.  Two of them can seat 2 people so that allows a total of 13
people to install at one time.  If we run into a situation where we have
too many people at one session, we may be able to double up at some of
the other tables.  We'll just need more network connections.

I'll come up with a diagram of the present setup so others can offer
suggestions on the layout.

-kevin