[Ubuntu PA] Community Council Meeting date set JUNE 26 - 9:00 AM

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 25 16:01:20 BST 2007

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 09:44:32AM -0400, Bret Fledderjohn wrote:
> I'm putting it on, however I probably will not be able to attend.  Who
> can make it?  Hopefully a lot  of us!

Bret - since you can't make it, another one of us is going to have to be
there saying the introductory blurb and stating that they are there as a
representative of the team. I wouldn't mind doing this - but would you
like to write the blurb? Anyone else have thoughts? As a refernece this
is what the Swiss team said at the last meeting:

17:38 < stgraber> Good evening, I'm Stéphane Graber and I'm here to represent the Ubuntu Swiss Team (Switzerland).
17:39 < stgraber> The Ubuntu Swiss Team was created more than a year ago and now is mainly about organizing events like the OpenExpo (having stands at computer shows and exhibitions), organizing release parties and other coming-togethers.
17:39 < stgraber> We also provide support with our mailing-list, IRC channel and our extensive list of local contact persons spread all over Switzerland.
17:39 < stgraber> As we have 4 official languages here in Switzerland, we've chosen English as our exchange language and then people are mainly using language-specific forums for online-support and our contact list for local-support.
17:39 < stgraber> Our wikipage is : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam
17:39 < stgraber> and our Application : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SwissTeam/ApprovalApplication

Elizabeth Bevilacqua // lyz at ubuntu.com
Ubuntu Women Project: www.ubuntu-women.org