[Ubuntu PA] Ok, so you found it out...

Elizabeth Bevilacqua lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 12 08:47:48 BST 2007

I was going to wait until the meeting, but I have plans that evening and
probably won't be available in time.

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 11:39:33PM -0400, Bret Fledderjohn wrote:
> Well the reason I started the process here is that the minimum is 3
> events completed. And the infrastructure is all set up.  We really
> need to have the roadmap established, which overall is not difficult,
> but I think it should be a team discussion.

Oh absolutely :) I'm glad you got started on it, I was starting to lose
track of events and I figured soon it would be a much bigger task to go
through all our resources for links. To get that list of past events I
put up as it was took about 40 minutes.

> We have been having success with people subscribing to the mailing
> list (we're up to about 20).

Cool, I wasn't sure how many we were up to :D

> As far as the length of time a LoCo has been around, I don't think
> that is exactly an issue.  Ohio was approved in 3 months.

OK good. Go Ohio, that's pretty awesome.

> Now, we also have at least 6 people who are able to take the reigns if
> need be, so there is a succession in case we lose one or more people.

Speaking of which, one thing that came up in IRC is forums
administration. Do you intend to add more forum admins? I'm not
volunteering (forums aren't really my thing) but I think others are
interested.

How about launchpad admins? I have experience here and would volunteer
for this.

We don't expect you to leave anytime soon (I hope!) and you've been
doing an awesome job with sticky management and launchpad member
approvals. But as I expect you know, Ubuntu communities really encourage
redundancy of duties should something happen.

- Lyz, who should be sleeping :\

Elizabeth Bevilacqua // lyz at ubuntu.com
Ubuntu Women Project: www.ubuntu-women.org
Ubuntu PA US LoCo Team: www.meetlinux.com