[Ubuntu PA] Event: Girls Inc grub info

Kevin Valentine kevin.valentine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 02:43:05 BST 2007

Alex Launi wrote:
> Give this one a try and see if it's better.
> -- Alex Launi
Hi Alex, thanks for the help.  Your menu.lst was almost there.  You
aren't supposed to uncomment the values in the "automagic" area.  That
was the main problem.  I got some free time this evening and I was able
to test some changes to the menu.lst file.  So far, I think it's exactly
what they girls need.  It also may be exactly what I've wanted for a while.

btw, a good way to test changes is to have at least two kernels
installed and then run 'sudo /usr/sbin/update-grub'.  Don't attempt to
use /sbin/update-grub.  It's not the same thing.  I was able to test a
lot of ideas using that script.

I'm psyched to have learned something new after all of this.  Attached
is the new version.  Now I can work on the grub splashimage :-)

-kevin