[Ubuntu Oregon] let's do events!

Walter Lapchynski wxl at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 4 00:38:03 UTC 2017

I've been a little quiet lately. Well, the past year or so. Had some
family issues that have consumed most of my time and energy. That's
quickly resolving itself and I'm raring to get back into the swing of
things, but I'm not quite there yet.

That said, I wanted to just drop a quick note and say that Canonical has
funds from the donations they get that can be used to pay for lodging,
travel, and event entries. If there is a (preferably but not exclusively
Pacific Northwest-located) conference that would be a good fit for
Ubuntu (sorry, Alien Con doesn't count) and you'd like to go represent,
please get in touch. I'll do the leg work to get you set up and get you
some swag to give away, too.

I've used this before, but I shouldn't be the only one that gets the
opportunity. Of course, some might view it as work.. Either way, I think
as LoCos the more we can do to expose ourselves to the community at
large the better for Ubuntu and the community behind it.

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D