[Ubuntu Oregon] FW: LoCo, Canonical recognition, meetings, recruitment, et al ...

Pat paddy.hayes at comcast.net
Tue Sep 9 19:30:29 UTC 2014

Thanks for the clarification, Thomas!

What would it take to get an irc meeting scheduled on a regular basis and disseminate that info?  I've never gotten any info before.

As for release parties I may have a standing venue in Portland -- but we would probably have to order pizza & drinks ahead of time.

I'll ask a couple of friends.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4.

  recruitment, et al ... </div><div>
> In case this does not make it through moderation fro my work email...
>

> Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4.

Your email didn't make it through, and I don't know the credentials
for the list (apparently it's still owned by Ben). I'll answer you
here.

The Ubuntu Hour in Salem is not a Ubuntu Oregon team meeting, it is a
Community Outreach event. Thus, you are correct in that it will not be
moving location, date, nor time (unless the people running that event
deem it necessary to move for the community and/or Broadway coffee
house says we can no longer use the location).

As for regular team meetings, while those haven't been scheduled in a
long time (probably due to a single person doing most of the work),
traditionally those were held on IRC in the team chat room.

I don't recall when the last release party was (13.10?), but IIRC we
had good turn out for all of them. Not sure if Ben kept numbers, but
he was always working hard to get pizza and shirt sponsors, talks, and
a venue (puppet labs in Portland) for the release parties.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos