[Ubuntu Oregon] your help needed!

wxl at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 9 15:31:56 UTC 2014

> Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 16:38:42 -0700
> From: Pat <paddy.hayes at comcast.net>

> I can be a contact for Portland. ?

Sure! No one person has to do it. I just need people to talk to!

> Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 17:27:14 -0700
> From: "Patrick Olson" <compman42 at linuxusers.us>

> Could one of the Internet's various free hosts be used until the team is
> verified, or is something more needed?

Well, I figure the wiki page is ok for now. There's not much to put on
the website anyways (yet) :)

> Nothing that I know of, but then I'm kind out in the middle of nowhere
> (the nearest town is Turner).
> I doubt you need a contact person for "middle of nowhere" but I always
> welcome emails if there's anything I can do from my home office.

That's not quite as middle of nowhere as other places in Oregon. Do
you ever make it to the Salem meetings?

> Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 19:17:22 -0700
> From: Cody Smith <cody.smith9202 at gmail.com>

> Here in Salem, there's bi-monthly Ubuntu Hours going on (used to be weekly,
> but the 2 who regularly went decided to switch to a bi-monthly schedules, I
> myself was busy with classes, but jvlb and Phil decided this) apart from
> that, there's not too much going on in Salem that I know about.

Are you in charge of putting this on or is it the other folks you mentioned?

> anyone is welcome to stop by Broadway Commons on the first and third
> Fridays of each month if you're near there. Address is 1300 Broadway.

What time?

Thanks everyone!
wxl