[Ubuntu Oregon] IRC help (was: Re: Thank you.)

Phillip N philn at deltatriad.net
Thu Nov 20 23:14:55 UTC 2014

Thanks, Walter, Cody, Thomas,

I'm familiar with iChat, Pidgin, and Empathy, which is the default IRC in
Ubuntu.
My problem was not app based, it was Logging in via web interface.

Because Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) calls me to simplify any
situation, I was therefore trying to "directly" log in to web based IRC
w/out authentication.   I have recently discovered that logging in through
Ubuntu One "first", solves many a log in issues - go figure... LOL. Problem
solved.

I'll eagerly await this evenings irc meeting at 6:30pm, to see it all
works.
BTY: I think tonight's topic is review of UOS.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Phil. N

*  Sent from my Commodore 64  *