[Ubuntu Oregon] Community removal; am I over-reacting here? Where is the discussion?

paddy.hayes at comcast.net paddy.hayes at comcast.net
Thu Apr 25 20:41:25 UTC 2013

I don't think you are overreacting, personally.

I can tell you that those of us who are moderators on the Ubuntu Forums are not very happy about this. Some have expressed the opinion that it is possible that the Community is being deliberately marginalized. I don't know about that.

The Oregon LoCo IRC channel should be lit up tonight. I'll try to swing by, since I have never had the opportunity to actually make it to a physical meeting. I can carry some of your concerns back to the UF Admins, who might be able to talk to other leaders in other areas of the Community. The whole Community needs to speak with one voice to avoid being overlooked.

Hard to say if they'll listen ...