UbuntuOhio A reasonable request for Ebuntu.

Kendall Brown kendallbrown at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 29 15:39:36 BST 2007

Hey Guys:

I've been reading a lot about Linux and all of the different forms it
comes in but I'm very frustrated about not being able to install it on
the only computer I have.  I've tried every variation of the operating
system I could find but none have gotten past the install process.  I
basically gave up for the past two months on ever getting to see what
this OS could really do until I read an article in the paper, saying the
Dell was about to offer Linux on it's computers very soon.  I don't own
a Dell but if a big company like that is starting to get on board with
Linux then maybe developers of it will start making copies with a larger
selection of drivers for a broader range of computers.  That brings me
to my request.  Is there any way I can get a copy of Ebuntu Linux that
has been tested and shown to work on my computer configuration?

Gigabyte K8NSNXP Socket 754
320GB, IDE  120GB, ATA
XFX GeForce 6600GT
Ultra 2GB Dimm RAM
Sempron +3400
X-Fi Creative Sound Card
2 DVD ROM
1 CD Burner

That's about everything I have inside of the box.  I have an Epson
CX5000 printer and a LG plug & play monitor.  I've already tried
installing Ebuntu after removing the sound card with no success.  The
install process usually hangs on the install process when it gets to the
firewall setup, with Fedora but Ebuntu actually let me get to the login
prompt before it locks up.  My motherboard has two built-in LANs and I'm
curious if that may be causing the problem.  Is there a way I can get a
copy of Ebuntu with all the available drivers I need to get this working?

Kendall Brown