[NY State Local Community] ubuntu phone question

Keith Seymour keseymour at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 06:02:58 UTC 2013

DZvonko,

The only phone I've seen that was built to run Linux is the Openmoko (*
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Main_Page) while I would expect that you
could run any OS that supported the processor I'm not familiar enough with
the LG phones to know. Just Googling around for a minute shows a lot of
sites talking about it.*
*
*
*I'd be interested to hear how that goes.*
*
*
*Keith  *

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM, DZvonko Nikolov <dzvonko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm DZvonko Nikolov from Strumica, Macedonia. I don't know who to ask. We
> don't have our local ubuntu group.
> I want to develop apps for mobile and want to use my old and still good
> working mobile phones (LG GT500 Puccini and LG GD510 pop). I have them and
> want to use for a testing.
> First, how to install ubuntu on my LG GT500 phone? is it possible?
> Second, how to install ubuntu on my LG GD510 phone? is it possible?
> Third, are there any tutorials about installing some operating system on
> mobile phones (don't have to be ubuntu)? How to change phone operating
> system? Thanks in advance and thanks for Your effort and time.

> Regards
>
> DZvonko Nikolov

> The best things are simple,
> but finding these simple things is not simple.
>
> Simplicity carried to the extreme becomes elegance.

GeekyExplorers.com