[Ubuntu-US-NM] EPC suggestion

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Tue Feb 19 16:32:09 GMT 2008

Eric Krieger writes:
>I think that caching packages is a great idea. A cool idea may be to
>carve out a bit of storage from the FreeNAS, once it is built, and mount
>the NAS share, via NFS, to /var/cache/apt on each of the workstations.
>That way there is a central area that all packages are shared and cached
>for all workstations to see.

That's something I've wondered about -- since there's quite a bit of
locking that goes on in apt (you never really know how much until it
breaks and you have to find all the lock files...), is putting
/var/cache/apt on an NFS share safe?  Or is there a possibility of
corruption?  That would save me some space...