Ubuntu-US-NM Comcast and Traffic Shaping

Ubuntu US-New Mexico Team ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 25 01:21:39 BST 2007

At this point, I would love a internet connection that actually works.  We
started with Qwest DSL and had downtime everyday.  6 tech visits later, Qwest
decided that the lines on the street were too old and decreased our speed.
The worst part is that the qwest webpage says that our address qualifies for
their highest speed.  That just rubs me the wrong way.

Currently, we use comcast and have had a lot of trouble lately.  The recent
tech told us that the levels were low at the street and submitted a ticket for
a line tech to come out and fix it.  Well, comcast uses contractors for their
line techs and cannot tell me when the problem will be fixed.  Apparently, it
is sometime between 7 and 10 days.

I haven't given up on Comcast yet (besides, I don't know where I would go).
Anyway, that is my 2 cents.  Take it for what you will.

Chris.