ubuntu-us-nj Why our team isn't doing anything, and what you can do to help

Jeffrey Frady legodude522 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:47:42 GMT 2010

I would be interested in a more active group but I understand it takes a lot
of dedication and effort to pull it off.  I have been thinking, perhaps
collaboration with other groups may be beneficial.  I'm somewhat active in
the NJ FUBAR Labs hackerspace.  Here is the URL- http://fubarlabs.com/

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Joe Terranova <joeterranova at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello people. Long time, no see.
>
> Basically, for almost 2 years now, we haven't done anything. We've
> gotten together to man a table at the Trenton Computer Festival, and
> for the rare LAN party, but that's about it.
>
> That's my fault. I'm the team contact, and I'm supposed to organize
> these things. However, I don't have the time or motivation to organize
> this by myself, and I haven't for a while.
>
> We were approved as a LoCo team on November 29, 2007. The new LoCo
> team policy says that every 2 years, approved teams need to be
> reviewed. When we're up for review, which is just a matter of when the
> LoCo Team council gets around to it, I'll have nothing to say for the
> past year but a table and presentation at TCF.
>
> So, some questions:
> Do people still want to do this?
> Would someone else want to be the team contact/leader/organizer?
> Would you want to, if you had help?
> If no one will take this off my hands, can someone help me get things
> going again?
>

> Thanks,
> Joe Terranova

See you space cowboy...