ubuntu-us-nj Ubucon? Install-fest

Joe Terranova joeterranova at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:47:38 BST 2007

Hi people,

I'm posting this to the New Jersey LoCo list, and cross-posting to the
Lug-IP list and the CHLUG list, for those interested. Sorry to those
of you who get 2 or 3 copies.

Firstly, I want to draw attention to the PA LoCo Team. They're doing a
great job -- their PACS event went great, they had an install-fest in
Central PA on the same day, and they're having an install-fest in
Philly on June 2nd.

On that note, they're making us look bad! :D We need to get stuff
done. Two things I want to look at:

An installfest:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewJerseyTeam/Events/InstallfestJune

An installfest will help get us working together, and should be quick
to organize. We should try for an installfest in June sometime,
perhaps late June or very early July.

Ubucon!
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewJerseyTeam/Events/UbuconNewJersey

New Jersey needs a Linux event, and I'd like Ubucon to be it. I want
it to be a way to meet other Ubuntu and Linux users, and a way to
welcome new and prospective users. An all day affair, with an
installfest, and talks and presentations about Linux and Ubuntu.

If you're interested in helping with either of these events, or have
other ideas you're interested in, let's talk! Both of those wiki pages
I linked to are mostly blank, and begging for you guys to contribute
plans and ideas; I'm currently scouting for locations. If you have
suggestions or opportunities for locations, let me know.

Cheers,
Joe Terranova
https://launchpad.net/~joeterranova
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewJerseyTeam