[ubuntu-us-nc] Need Assistance

Mike Holstein mikeh789 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 04:49:01 UTC 2012

yeah, the PPC is "unofficial" as far as i know.. you likely had ubuntu
10.04 ppc installed, and tried to upgrade to 10.10?... i would not do
that.. i would reinstall 10.04, and enjoy it... its a good idea to try the
live CD's even if you are going to do a distribution upgrade...

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Yosef Shimon <yshimon at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Ubuntu-us-nc:
>
> I have a Power Mac G4 that had Ubuntu 10.3, after downloding all the
> updates to Ubuntu 10.10 the Mac crashed and left me this message at boot:
> "[146.909770] fb: conflicting fb hw usage nouveaufb vs oFfb Nvda,
> NvNac-rem".
> What does this mean and how do I get my Mac back to normal?
>
> I have contacted technical support at ubuntu.com and they have not
> responded.
>
> What to do?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Yosef Shimon
>
> "My people has been eliminated for lack of knowledge; for you have spurned
> knowledge, and I will spurn you from serving me; and as you have forgotten
> the Torah of your G-d, I too, will forget your children.
> Hosea 4:6 The TANACH, Stones Edition.

MH

mikeholstein.info <http://www.mikeholstein.info/>