[ubuntu-us-nc] IRC etiquette

markthecarp markthecarp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 22:31:34 GMT 2010

Moss Bliss wrote:
> Could someone please send me the normal etiquette for IRC?  I haven't
> used it for a decade and apparently have forgotten everything... I was
> in at the start of the last meeting, and felt so out of place I left
> early...  I may still feel out of place once I get the hang of IRC, but
> that will be one less thing to feel uncomfortable about.
>
> Hugs,
> Moss

I've watched this thread develop with great interest. Moss, I'm one that
learns best by doing. I can read docs until I'm cross-eyed. Until I
actually do whatever, screw it up a few times, fix the screw ups and
often make my own docs recording the steps all I remember is that I read
about whatever.

That said I encourage you to re-learn IRC. Go ahead and make a few
missteps. It won't hurt for long. Pick a nick and hang out in the team
channel for a while. We don't bite :-)

-mark

_marx_