[ubuntu-us-nc] Can anybody confirm these bugs in gnome-power-manager?

Dewey Hylton plug at hyltown.com
Thu Nov 5 02:27:30 GMT 2009

On Nov 4, 2009, at 7:33 PM, Dewey Hylton wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2009, at 7:21 PM, Sascha Güthling wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Dewey Hylton <plug at hyltown.com>
>> wrote:
>> On Nov 4, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Sascha Güthling wrote:
>>
>>> I filed two bug reports and would highly appreciate if someone
>>> could confirm.
>>>
>>> 1) gnome-power-manager doesn't detect my battery after waking up
>>> from suspend. This causes all kind of trouble and inconvenience.
>>> See bug report here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/472347
>>>
>>> 2) gnome-power-manager doesn't trigger the expected action on
>>> critical battery level. This seems to be an older problem but
>>> still annoying and dangerous for my data.
>>> See bug report here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/baltix/+source/gnome-power-manager/+bug/135548
>>
>> i'd love to confirm, but my display never wakes up from suspend.
>> this has been the case over the last 4 releases, so i don't expect
>> a change in the future.
>>
>> --
>>
>> If you can switch to a command line you can still send a bug report
>> for your display problem. "apport-cli -f -p <package name>" would
>> be the command you need to start a new bug on launchpad. "apport-
>> collect <bugnumber> if you find your bug on launchpad and want to
>> add to it.
>>
>> And what about the second one, does your laptop shut down when the
>> battery level becomes critical?
>

> <package name> is the problem there ... at this point i have no idea
> what package to attribute the problem. i haven't looked very hard,
> though, because i've always shut my laptop down after use. after
> having used my macbookpro (and osx) for awhile, though, having the
> capability of sleeping my linux laptop definitely has my interest.
>
> as for critical battery level, i have honestly never gone there ...
> i keep my eye on the battery and plug it up when necessary. but i'll
> plan to test that out tonight since you asked. :)

already i have bad news. after letting the laptop sit for half an
hour, the mouse no longer responds and the screen no longer updates (i
know because the clock hasn't updated). i cannot switch to a virtual
terminal, so i think i'll end up summoning the power button soon.

this is with UNR; i may try installing karmic proper tomorrow.