[ubuntu-us-nc] Ubuntu User Days - Announcement and Call for Volunteers

Moss Bliss zaivalananda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:35:01 GMT 2009

I would suggest that most of us beginner-ish people don't have a clue how to
use IRC and we need to find something more mainstream -- even a Ning page.
It has been over a DECADE since I managed to understand IRC enough to use
it, the Internet has moved way past there in ease of use.

Sorry if this is seen as a rant.

Hugs,
Moss

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 3:04 PM, markthecarp <markthecarp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> At the Ubuntu Developer Summit for version 10.04 a couple of weeks ago,
> there was a discussion for extending Ubuntu Open Week throughout the
> release cycle by having a few smaller "days" in #ubuntu-classroom which
> were devoted to certain things.
>
> The idea for a Day that took shape was "Ubuntu User Day" where a
> series of beginner-ish level sessions would take place. The vision is
> for this to happen on a Saturday and probably last 8-10 hours,
> depending on how many folks we get volunteering to host sessions.
>
> Wiki pages are taking shape here:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDaysTeam
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDays
>
> The Ubuntu Community Learning Project Team is pleased to announce the
> first User Day on January 23rd, Saturday from 1200 UTC to 2200 UTC,
> which comes to 0700 EST to 1700 EST.
>
> The proposed topics can be seen in the UserDaysTeam link above.  If
> anyone is interested in leading sessions, please add your name, topic,
> and time slot at the bottom of the UserDaysTeam link above.
>
> Right now, they don't have many volunteers, so they're looking for a bit
> of participation from the North Carolina LoCo both in terms of teachers
> and participants too. I'd like to re-emphasize that most of this is
> going to be beginners friendly.
>
> For those who aren't familiar with the concept, there are sessions using
> IRC during the Ubuntu Open Week and Ubuntu Developer Week. If
> you are new to IRC and want to participate, please see
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat
>
> For more information on the Ubuntu Community Learning Project please see
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Learning
>
> -mark

ज़ैवलानन्ड
President of Asheville Homeless Network - http://ashevillehomeless.org