[ubuntu-us-nc] recommendations for inexpensive video card?

dan dantrevino at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 23:48:23 BST 2009

I just did a search for 'video card' on newegg, and any of those recent
nvidia cards (you can select < $50) will be more than enough, unless you
need to pump through 1080p content.  I suspect your biggest problem will be
finding one that works with your older motherboard.
Nvidia has been really trouble-free for me, but I would double check with
their published driver list just in case.  This is the 32 bit list:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_185.18.31.html

dan
---
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Open Standards!