[ubuntu-us-nc] Compiz and 7.10

markthecarp markthecarp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 21:54:25 GMT 2008

Melver C. Minton III wrote:
> Greetings and Happy New Year.  Learning is such fun but sometimes the
> frustration is a bit to much.  I've installed compiz and some of the
> effects are working but I can't seem to find a reference on how to get
> the cube going.  I've been searching the forums but can't seem to nail
> down an answer.  Anyone out there that can help?
>
> Mel

Hey Mel,

Welcome to Ubuntu and perhaps welcome to Linux as well (judging from
your forum post).

I have compiz working so I might be able to help. I've two questions:
what video card/chipset do you have; and how many workspaces does the
"Workspace Switcher" show? The default location of the "Workspace
Switcher" is the lower right corner of your screen. The command "lspci |
grep VGA" should give you information on your video card.

-mark