[ubuntu-us-mi] Bug when typing into fields in Ubuntu

Matt Arnold matt.mattarn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:06:45 GMT 2010

This week I went back to using Ubuntu after leaving it for a couple of
years. I'll start typing into the search box in Firefox, or the
Subject line in Gmail. When I get a few characters in, a blue
background flickers as if I had pressed "select all" and "delete", and
instantly my input will be erased and I'll find myself typing the tail
of my text into an otherwise empty field. I know it's not a broken
keyboard, because I dual boot and this never happens under Windows XP.
Has this happened to any of you? Did you find a fix?

-Matt