[ubuntu-us-mi] Testing Lucid

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 03:22:26 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Adam J. Lincoln <adamjlincoln at gmail.com> wrote:
>    Really?  I've been running lucid for various reasons in virtualbox
> (both in open source version on karmic host and the "closed" version for
> os x) for over a month with essentially no problems.
>
>    Can you describe the problem(s), or point me to a bug in launchpad?

In my case, I'm running VirtualBox 1.5.6 on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (hardy)
and the Lucid CD has the date 3-Mar-2010.  When I start the VM  I get
the boot splash screen.  But when I select "Try Ubuntu without
installing" all I get is a black screen with the cursor blinking the
upper left corner.

Does Ubuntu have something like the Debug and/or Failsafe option in Knoppix?

Regards,
- Robert